[Tagging] Voting rules

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 07:44:23 UTC 2016

On 24/02/2016 11:34 AM, Dave Swarthout wrote:
> The reality is that most mappers don't pay any attention to this group
> or the "decisions" we make. It's all well and good to make careful
> deliberations about this tag or that one but in the end people will do
> what they want. They will continue to tag for the renderer, add tags
> that make no sense or aren't orthogonal to the main tag, add
> non-existent names to their favorite features (name="Dad's house") and
> there's not much we can do about it.
>
> Sixty-two votes is actually a fair showing as these things go. It's
> only when you take into account that, according to Andy'e
> estimate, "around 1100 individual mappers last edited a jewellery
> shop" that it looks weak.
>
> Anyway, now that the proposal has been "voted down" does that mean the
> tag description will change in the Wiki?

No. There have been no vote on 'shop=jewelry'!

That will not stop someone from changing its status to 'approved'
despite there being no vote on 'shop=jewelry'.
If the same people were to vote with the same thoughts then over 60%
would reject 'shop=jewelry'!!
I know I would reject it.

Would someone care to demonstrate?