[Tagging] Voting rules

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:37:39 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

Am 23.02.2016 um 22:48 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>:

>>> Approval rate: 68.97%. Less than required 74% so provisional
>>> rejection; proposer to make final call.
>>
>> The tricky bit of course is that those percentages are "of the people
>> who voted".
>
> It is not surprising that only people who voted were voting.

yes, but it's surprising that we have made changes to the tagging system via wiki so incredibly difficult. A minority of few more than a quarter of all contributors could block the rest (e.g. if all of them voted) in a decision. This is completely theoretical of course, but it illustrates that there's likely something wrong with the current way of counting votes in the wiki.

cheers,
Martin