[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Internet cafe

Johnparis okosm at johnfreed.com
Thu Feb 25 15:59:41 UTC 2016

Dave, as you'll note in another email I just sent, I will drop gaming
centres from the Internet_cafe proposal. I have been to a couple of these,
and one didn't focus on Internet services, while the other did. I suppose
if you're looking for a gaming centre, you're probably not looking for an
internet cafe, and vice versa.

The tag "adult gaming centre" already exists and has something to do with
gambling, I think. Unfortunate that the gambling industry has occasionally
hijacked the word gaming to use as a euphemism.

I'll include a suggestion to use "amenity=gaming_centre" for the LAN Gaming
Center, PC bang, etc., that focuses on gaming rather than internet.

And again, an "internet cafe" has nothing to do with food/drink, as the
proposal specifically notes. It's just a term of art for English speakers
that is a holdover from the earliest days of such businesses. Someone
suggested "crappy little shops" but I don't think that's terribly helpful :)