[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Aquatics centre

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Tue Jan 5 11:44:04 UTC 2016

Martin, the purpose of my discussion is not to nit-pick on the illustrative extra tags,
but to discuss

    leisure=ducking

vs.

    leisure=sports_centre
    sports_centre=ducking

Anything else was just

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2016/01/05 12:02:
  > I think that this approach is not working well, as there is no "natural" logic for subtags like "sports_centre".
 >  Have a look in taginfo and discover, that "commercial" is a common value for this key, nothing that would fit well together with "aquatics" .

I had of course, and so far sports_centre=* is used 51 times, 24 of them "gym" and 5 "commercial".
This is some natural noise for an undocumented tag that has some sporadic use.

>     * leisure=sports_centre
>     * sports_centre=golf_course
>
> -1, there's no gain from this (IMHO), just the loss of having to use 2 tags rather than one.

Yes the disadvantage of having more structure is at least a second tag.
It works well in some schemes, look at social_facility.

> why would you need sport=golf for objects with a "golf" key?

Maybe we don't, that would be subject to refined discussion once we have an opinion
about the principal issue.

tom