[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Aquatics centre

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:02:04 UTC 2016

> area outline:
> * leisure=sports_centre
> * sports_centre=aquatics

I think that this approach is not working well, as there is no "natural"
logic for subtags like "sports_centre". Have a look in taginfo and
discover, that "commercial" is a common value for this key, nothing that
would fit well together with "aquatics" .

> the pools:
> * leisure=swimming_pool
> * access=customers
> * sport=swimming (or diving or other water sport)

IMHO we don't need individual access tags as long as the facility is inside
a bigger aquatics centre (which could get tags like fee=yes or similar).

> the extra facilities
> * leisure=pitch
> * sport=volleyball

yes, these are undisputed and this is independent from the tag for the
whole facility.

> Consequently, we could discourage leisure=golf_course, and introduce:
>
> area outline:
> * leisure=sports_centre
> * sports_centre=golf_course

-1, there's no gain from this (IMHO), just the loss of having to use 2 tags
rather than one.

> the golfing details:
> * golf=* as defined in the wiki
> * sport=golf

why would you need sport=golf for objects with a "golf" key?

Cheers,
Martin