[Tagging] Elevation and height on vertical features

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:32:49 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 07.01.2016 um 17:14 schrieb Aaron Spaulding <Aaron at sachimp.com>:
>
> Either of these models can be used. I think option 1 makes the most sense, but I’d like to know what the community consensus is.

I've always thought of ele representing the lower part, which is clear for man made features like buildings or obelisks (elevation of the ground, then add height for the highest point at that spot). Now when it comes to vertical elements like cliffs, where you have ground on both ends, it admittedly becomes ambiguous, but my suggestion would be to define to use the lower end also in these cases for simplicity/uniformity.

cheers,
Martin