[Tagging] Question reg. wheelchair mapping

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:35:19 UTC 2016

On 08/01/2016 08:45, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> I'd like to see that the existing highway=access_ramp
>
> are changed to the well known
>
> highway=footway
>
> wheelchair=yes
>
> in combination with
>
> incline=x%

The explicit "wheelchair=yes" would definitely be needed with those tags
as they don't make it clear that it's suitable for negotiation by a
"large wheeled object" - a steep footpath with corners that weren't
negotiable by a wheelchair could still be tagged with an incline like that.

Have you tried contacting any of the consumers of the "access_ramp"
data?  I'm assuming that none (or almost none) of them will read the
tagging list; the DE forum will find a few, but a small portion of the
number internationally.

Cheers,

Andy