[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Location transitions

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 13:29:56 UTC 2016

On 08/01/2016 23:09, Fran├žois Lacombe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The vote vote session for the location transition proposal is now open.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Location_transitions
>
> As described, location:transition=yes may enable mappers to indicate
> the location of a feature is changing without using fixme or
> approximative ways (when guessing where a feature goes underground).
>
> It would be great you spend a little time to write a feedback at the
> bottom of the page.

Having read that page I don't really understand what the motivation for
it is.  Maybe add a bit more information explaining how this new tag
will provide information that isn't automatically apparent from other
tags already present?  For example, if a road goes into a tunnel the bit
not in a tunnel has no "tunnel" tag and the bit in the tunnel does; in
that situation what extra information does a "location transition" provide?

Cheers,

Andy