[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Location transitions

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 00:26:32 UTC 2016

HI all,

> Can you provide an example for this situation please ?
>
> I think about power=substation + substation=transition but several different
> features can emerge from it and location:transition may indicate where
> exactly in the given substation (which goes nowhere itself)
>
> I think one example is with subway tunnel portals.

Not exactly : to be really precise, the portal may be a man_made or
building feature and shouldn't get the location:transition tag.
The subway line way feature should (maybe this is was you thought about)
Nevertheless this example fits completely the current proposal

> What about a pole where the cable continues both overhead and
> underground ? This is a pretty common case in Belgium. The overhead
> cables are on one side of the street and in order to connect the
> houses on the other side of the road, the cable also continues under
> the ground.

Just add location:transition=yes on the pole where the underground
cable gets connected to the overhead line.
The underground cable location changes to allow a connection overhead.

You can quick map utility wires and low voltage lines along road
according to this proposal of brycenesbitt (different tagging on
highway feature itself without any location:transition usage)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Quickly_Marking_Utility_Wires

All the best

François