[Tagging] Public buildings

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sat Jan 9 23:20:22 UTC 2016

Daniel Koć wrote on 2016/01/09 23:41:
> W dniu 09.01.2016 23:03, Warin napisał(a):
>> I would have the wiki page 'amenity=public_building' redirect to
>> 'building=public' and then any alternatives suggested on that page.
>
> +1

-1

Both 'amenity=public_building' and 'building=public' are problematic,
but for different reasons. Merging their wiki representations mixes the
arguments against both, and makes improvements even more difficult.

'amenity=public_building' is an unspecific use of the amenity key, and
should be replaced with a more specific value.

'building=public' describes some form of accessibility using a key
that should describe the architectural type of a building.

tom