[Tagging] landuse=farmland and highway=track

Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 19:26:44 UTC 2016

dieterdreist wrote
> sent from a phone
>
>> Am 10.01.2016 um 09:21 schrieb Gerd Petermann <

> GPetermann_muenchen@

> >:
>>
>> I am currently (armchair) mapping rural areas in Japan, that means
>> realigning nearly all
>>
>> existing ways.
>>

> how do you know the correct alignment if you're just armchair mapping? It
> is possible that the imagery you are using is misaligned...

I am using the ortorectified GSI images as suggested here
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/PlaneMad/diary/36058

Whenever I check the map against Strava data or OSM GPX layers it
seems to be very accurate. The problem with Yahoo import is not only
bad alignment but also that nearly all minor roads are mistagged
(residential or path instead of track, unclassified instead of residential).
You'll probably find errors in my work as well, but I hope the error rate is
much better than before.

Gerd