[Tagging] landuse=farmland and highway=track

Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:06:04 UTC 2016

Florian Lohoff-2 wrote
> Also there are much more fine grained tags for agricultural land e.g.
> meadow etc - Typically when you map farmland and do it right it does not
> grow that huge. You have small wooden strips, waterways with
> scrub around, roads etc. I typically even break up at field boundaries
> seen in differences in plant growths etc as thats typically the
> boundary for changes in usage in the future.

Sure, one can always do better. Let's look at two ways that I
created yesterday:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/390575189
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/390575208
One may as well combine both ways or create > 30 smaller areas,
each with different details, add ditches and so on. My goal is to more to
improve routing, I map large farmland areas to reduce completely
white (unmapped) areas.

Anyway, if I got that right my approach is okay for me as well as for
future mappers, so thanks for the feedback to anyone.

Gerd