[Tagging] landuse=farmland and highway=track

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 11:49:44 UTC 2016

> Sure, one can always do better. Let's look at two ways that I
> created yesterday:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/390575189
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/390575208
> One may as well combine both ways or create > 30 smaller areas,
> each with different details, add ditches and so on. My goal is to more to
> improve routing, I map large farmland areas to reduce completely
> white (unmapped) areas.

yes, ultimately it is the mapper deciding everything, btw, these farmlands
look fine to me, although you can surely still add more detail. This is a
counterexample I just found by looking at the map, which I find way too big
and not corresponding well in detail to what else is already mapped:
www.openstreetmap.org/way/133672948

Cheers,
Martin