[Tagging] landuse=farmland and highway=track

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:05:44 UTC 2016

> Wow, that's pretty poor. I would never put my name on something like that.

still it is not so untypical, you can find a lot of similar situations all
over the globe, some years ago it was even worse (what at least lets me
hope that some very patient people will fix these sooner or later).

e.g. this one is in version 10:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/235112499

compare it to the aerial imagery to see how much you loose if you
generalize the landuse and don't map individual fields:
http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/#14/48.4641/8.8353&num=2&mt0=mapnik&mt1=bing-satellite

The shape and size of fields is a quite interesting detail that tells a lot
about the context, topography and history, while just denoting that "there
is all fields" is relatively boring ;-)

Cheers,
Martin