[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Discourage amenity=public_building

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Jan 16 04:40:45 UTC 2016

On Jan 16, 2016, at 9:12 AM, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> If they should be improved .. or discouraged .. then do that as separate issues.
> If you want to fix a problem, don't replace it with another one.

Then I will work on a civic building / civic office something extension this week.

All the counties use admin levels, right? We should also be able to use admin level tags to denote the government level rather than relying on words.

However, defining the office types will surely run into odd combinations ( like the American Alcohol - tobacco - guns dept), so the the system will have to have a whole bunch of civic:foobar=yes or civic:category:foobar=yes,  as well as support for names of the department., like operator or brand or chain something (many many offices are branches of a main office, or a "chain" of offices related to each other).

I will try to get something setup - and something to go with landuse - so we have a solution for o plug into fill this hole.

Hopefully I'll have something to show this week.

Javbw.