[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Route=worship

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 08:44:11 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> I am an Atheïst and wasn't brought up in a religious way, and also lack knowledge thereof. However, I feel that a pilgrimage is a longer route where the travel itself is what makes one contemplate. There is not one route to Santiago, but a whole network of well-travelled but not-fixed routes.

+0.6, although there are fixed/signposted routes. I suggest to use an attribute for pilgrimage routes like those dedicated to St. Jacob or St. Francis (e.g. religion=christian, pilgrimage=yes, dedicated_to=St. Francis) that can be added to existing routes (route =foot etc.) . I wouldn't introduce a new route type because these routes are also used by a lot of people that aren't on a pilgrimage trip.

> My proposal route=worship is a route (usually short) with fixed places where one should worship.

+1, completely different beast

cheers
Martin