[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Route=worship

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sun Jan 17 20:30:45 UTC 2016

Tijmen Stam wrote on 2016/01/17 00:56:
> Dear All,
>
> I am sending this RFC in order to receive some feedback regarding my OSM feature proposal for route=worship.

I'd prefer to keep the value of 'route' restrained to the mode of locomotion,
not its purpose. Thus keep them route=hiking (66734), route=foot (26974),
and tag the purpose in a separate qualifier, such as those already suggested
worship=yes, pilgrimage=yes, plus pilgrimage:dedication=SaintX, worship:religion=*

I agree with the proposer that amenity=place_of_worship should not be used on
these routes, however not because they are relations, but because these
routes are not amenities.

tom