[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Route=worship

Mon Jan 18 22:18:40 UTC 2016

>     My proposal route=worship is a route (usually short) with fixed
>     places where one should worship.
>
>     In short, I feel that a (for example) station of the cross and a
>     pilgrimage are entirely diffent things.
>

> for reference, I have once mapped one of these here:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955982758
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955982660
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928901
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/956020477
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928887
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928952
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928925
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928832
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928964
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928915
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928866
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/955928875
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/956020510
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/956020490

I think, there being 14 of them (if you count in the relation that
encompasses them), this is a stations of the cross, and thus the exact
raison d'ĂȘtre of my proposal - because I wanted to map a local Stations
of the Cross route :-)

In that case, historic=wayside_shrine is perfect for the shrines
themselves (if you add religion = christian they even show up on OSM)
and maybe you could add ref to the shrines. Then combine those into a
route=worship :-)

Tijmen