[Tagging] Removing name_1 and alt_name_1 from Wiki

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 20 07:30:44 UTC 2016

Yes I'm sure... Notice I put the word "direct" in there. No "end user"
of the data will use the data directly, there is always a presentation
layer in the middle, which formats up numbers and dates, converts units,
localises key words, etc etc. That's where the "semicolon syntax" and
the "pipe syntax" will get resolved into something palatable to humans.

I agree about the completely empty values like "key=". If the "semicolon
syntax" defines a "list of values", shouldn't stuff remove an empty
value from the list (i.e. replace ;; with ;) and then remove the whole
tag if the list is empty?

--colin