[Tagging] Removing name_1 and alt_name_1 from Wiki

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:01:54 UTC 2016

> Yes I'm sure... Notice I put the word "direct" in there. No "end user" of
> the data will use the data directly, there is always a presentation layer
> in the middle, which formats up numbers and dates, converts units,
> localises key words, etc etc.

it really depends on the end user. Power users might switch on the data
layer on osm.org and look at the data directly (to people familiar with our
tagging I'd actually recommend to do so, would be nice if more applications
did actually offer this possibility). I agree though that most end users
won't.

Cheers,
Martin