[Tagging] Removing name_1 and alt_name_1 from Wiki

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:35:16 UTC 2016

On 20/01/2016, Mike N <niceman at att.net> wrote:
> On 1/20/2016 3:39 PM, Dominic Coletti wrote:
>> I see 808,000 uses of name_1 and 65,000 of name_2.

And 609,505 alt_name and 6,013 alt_name_1.

These approximate figues have already been mentioned in this thread.
Does Anybody have stats on how many "*name*" tags have values with
semicolons ? Bonus points for pointing out cases of litteral ";" in
the name.

> Many of these are from the US TIGER import, and must not be
> automatically removed.  They would go into alt_name , etc based on local
> knowledge.

Appart from using this as a cunning way to track which TIGER names
have been reviewed, there's IMHO no good reason to convert an existing
"name_1" to "alt_name".