[Tagging] Art galleries/museums

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:38:10 UTC 2016

> I would like :
> - discourage tourism=gallery
> - subtype of tourism=museum, museum=art just like
> museum=railway/history, and further art=painting/...
> - also redirect towards shop=art for badly tagged items

I agree we should distinguish art museums and other types of museums like
transportation, railway, aircraft, automobile, toys, "science", (sometimes
specific) ancient cultures, (e.g.) sugar, trade, military, regional
traditions, ...) and even further (optionally) art into painting, drawing,
print, sculptures, video, photo, and also put attributes for the epoch(s)
that are typically on display (if appropriate).
I would suggest to use more explicit key names than "art" for these, e.g.
museum_topic, art_type, exhibits_from_period=,... (placeholders to make the
point and likely improvable)

Cheers,
Martin