[Tagging] Tagging problem for a river running in a culvert below a track / wiki votes enforcement

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 20:30:41 UTC 2016

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:14:48 +0100
David Marchal <penegal at live.fr> wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:26:55 +0100
> > From: matkoniecz at gmail.com
> > To: penegal at live.fr
> > CC: tagging at openstreetmap.org
> > Subject: Re: [Tagging] Tagging problem for a river running in a
> > culvert below a track / wiki votes enforcement
> >
> > I think that photo of this object would be useful to decide how it
> > should be tagged.
>
> Indeed; here comes the picture: http://1drv.ms/1ZQJCxT
>
> Hendrikklaas told me by a private message "Simple tagging is
> tunnel=culvert-bridge and add layer=-1 to avoid crossing conflicts.
> Or leave it just tunnel=building_passage like you already did just
> like any other road crossing a building but remember to add layers."
> Should I consider this as a building?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Regards.

I would add to path tag bridge=low_water_crossing (documented at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bridge ) and layer=1, without
tagging culverts, without splitting waterway polygon.

tagging this footway as bridge=low_water_crossing (documented at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bridge ), without
tagging culverts, without splitting waterway polygon, splitting stream
and tagging part under bridge as layer=-1 is equivalent.

> tunnel=building_passage

I am not understanding where that tag would be applied. What would be
tagged this way?