[Tagging] Discussion about Multivalued Keys

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 27 17:40:40 UTC 2016

I think refs on highways is definitely one of the cases where ordering
might be significant in real life, as the shields next to the roads and
on overhead signs will be in a particular order which may be said to
infer some kind of weighting or priority to the largest, or topmost,
signs. But there other cases, with different tags, where ordering is
arbitrary and 1-2 is totally equivalent to 2-1. Which is why the syntax
at the level I am seeking to discuss now, should not force the list to
be interpreted as ordered - that depends on the key and we can have that
discussion (also about whether the values are actually ordered in real
life!) later.

--colin