[Tagging] amenity=retirement_home and social facility

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:40:36 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 01 lug 2016, alle ore 19:02, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> ha scritto:
>
> As it is not a nursing home, there is no constant nursing. So a nurse might be
> available on request, or there might be age-specific animation, so it is either
> "assisted living" or a "group home", depending on the level of assistance and structure.

AFAIK assisted living is a more specific term then it might seem at first sight, a kind of residence within apartments and assistance on demand, as opposed to a retirement home with less privacy and more institutional character, but the term is also more generic in its meaning I guess.

Wikipedia also seems to confirm that this is a specific service (although I don't buy the "too young for a retirement home" part):

"Assisted living as it exists today emerged in the 1990s as an eldercare alternative on the continuum of care for people, for whom independent living is not appropriate but who do not need the 24-hour medical care provided by a nursing home and are too young to live in a retirement home. Assisted living is a philosophy of care and services promoting independence and dignity."