[Tagging] steps parallel to escalator

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Jul 2 05:58:36 UTC 2016

On 01.07.2016 20:02, Michael Reichert wrote:
> Am 01.07.2016 um 19:30 schrieb Bjoern Hassler:
> Yes, you draw to parallel ways. One way gets conveying=yes, the other
> one not (or conveying=no).

As the co-author of the conveying proposal, I'd like to offer an
alternative here. The proposal already mentioned the conveying:lanes
syntax as a possibility for mapping parallel escalators, and escalators
parallel to regular steps.

I think that doing it that way has significant benefits for rendering
(i.e. avoid the inevitable overlapping ways and gaps), and the approach
might be extended to other highway=step attributes where the need arises.