[Tagging] steps parallel to escalator

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:18:19 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 02 lug 2016, alle ore 07:58, Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> ha scritto:
>
> I think that doing it that way has significant benefits for rendering (i.e. avoid the inevitable overlapping ways and gaps), and the approach might be extended to other highway=step attributes where the need arises.

how would you represent the landings in this model? IMHO when there is a physical separation it's different to "lanes", and the approach of indirectly mapping features leads to more complexity that could easily be avoided with a different representation.

Not at least you will create problems for the rendering in detailed zoom levels because you don't know where the only way has been drawn (center of which way, all parallel stairs together? The central one (think of 2 escalators with one or 2 stairs in the middle and different widths)).

cheers,
Martin