[Tagging] subway_entrance

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 14:23:00 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 06 lug 2016, alle ore 16:05, Bjoern Hassler <bjohas+mw at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>

> However, how would you look for subway_entrances that are accessible? If the lift is mapped separately, it won't be mapped as a subway_entrance (as there should only be one subway_entrance per physical entrance)?

I don't follow you here. If the lift leads to the subway, why couldn't I apply subway entrance to it? Clearly it is a physical entrance, isn't it?

> It would be much simpler to the map users (e.g. via OSMAND) to view accessible entrances as a single POI. Extracting "subway_entrance + nearby elevator (with the function of accessing the subway)" seems like an error prone task.

if there are only steps, the entrance isn't accessible to wheelchairs. See above for the lift

> What do you mean by:
>> also in an abstract fashion if you don't have the knowledge to do detailed station mapping.

I meant you could simplify the geometry until someone with more information comes along and adds these details

cheers,
Martin