[Tagging] subway_entrance

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Jul 6 14:33:41 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-07-06 at 16:23 +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> Il giorno 06 lug 2016, alle ore 16:05, Bjoern Hassler <bjohas+mw at gmai
> l.com> ha scritto:
> >

> > However, how would you look for subway_entrances that are
> > accessible? If the lift is mapped separately, it won't be mapped as
> > a subway_entrance (as there should only be one subway_entrance per
> > physical entrance)?
>
> I don't follow you here. If the lift leads to the subway, why
> couldn't I apply subway entrance to it? Clearly it is a physical
> entrance, isn't it?
>

> > It would be much simpler to the map users (e.g. via OSMAND) to view
> > accessible entrances as a single POI. Extracting "subway_entrance +
> > nearby elevator (with the function of accessing the subway)" seems
> > like an error prone task.
>
> if there are only steps, the entrance isn't accessible to
> wheelchairs. See above for the lift

A subway entrance normally leads into a ticket hall where there are
machines to buy tickets, the barriers and then the lift and/or stairs
are beyond those.

Unless you are going to start indoor mapping the barriers then
stairs=yes/no, lift=yes/no make perfect sense on the entrance.

Entrances also need opening hours, some are not open at weekends or
late in the evening.

Phil (trigpoint)