[Tagging] Additions to public_transport scheme

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Jul 6 23:28:06 UTC 2016

> 1. a "placename" (or "place") tag for stop_position, platform and stop_area. I notice that most public transport companies have a somewhat separate idea of a place name and a stop name.

This sounds like the destination names on road signs, especially on motorways.  (interstate 5 north - Los Angeles), the "control city" in US highway lingo.

Perhaps the existing tags (or similar) for adding destinations to the motorway exits would be appropriate in this situation as well, so there is no reinventing the wheel for a similar tagging situation.

I forget what that tagging is, but I have seen it before.

Javbw.