[Tagging] Fwd: How to tag: public lands that are accessed by permit?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 01:56:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>
wrote:

> Yep. I asked a similar question at
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2016-February/028504.html
> but there was no particular consensus.
>
> access=permit seems to have moderate usage (slightly more than =license,
> which is in any case misspelled) so I'd go for that.

You've just demonstrated that this is a recurring issue. "You have to get
permission, but permission will not ordinarily be refused" is a common
situation here in the US. What's the process for modifying the 'accepted'
set of values? (I presume that simply wikifying it would be regarded as
vandalism.)