[Tagging] Fwd: How to tag: public lands that are accessed by permit?

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 06:11:24 UTC 2016

We have a somewhat similar problem in Belgium: a lot of historical paths
are by law open to everyone, however they are private property. So the road
is private, but the access is not. It would then not make sense to put an
access=private tag, as the owner has no right to allow or restrict access.
However, you do want to give this info to data consumers, as owners often
put a sign "private property" to scare people off. Hence something like
property=private + access=yes would be useful.

Maybe a bit off topic, but it might help the thinking process on this issue.

Joost @
Openstreetmap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joost-schouppe/48/939/603> | Meetup