[Tagging] reviving an abandoned proposal

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu Jul 21 08:31:34 UTC 2016

I'd say it depends on the depth of the decision process so far. If it was a failed proposal with
a voting, I'd start from scratch, avoiding the problems of the previous. There are a number of
"2.0" approaches.

In the case you cite, the page was last touched by the authors in 2010, and there was no decision
process. As the old version is always accessible in the wiki, you could develop it further and
provide a link in the introduction to the 2010 version.

However, as this is just a value for the historic tag, and it is used 580x already, you could
check some of these exiting taggings if they follow the same meaning, and document the value
as being 'in use'.