[Tagging] reviving an abandoned proposal

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:00:07 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 21 lug 2016, alle ore 10:31, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> ha scritto:
>
> However, as this is just a value for the historic tag, and it is used 580x already, you could
> check some of these exiting taggings if they follow the same meaning, and document the value
> as being 'in use'.

+1, this is one of the many cases, where back in 2012 wiki user Kstaden [1] has changed all open proposals (with no activity for some months) to abandoned, regardless of the tags being in use or not. I'd switch the proposal to draft or proposed again, ideally issuing an rfc to check whether there are problems, with the aim to then set it to active.

cheers,
Martin

[1] it was hundreds and it was almost the only thing he did in the osm wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/Kstaden&target=Kstaden