[Tagging] Fwd: How to tag: public lands that are accessed by permit?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:09:59 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 21 lug 2016, alle ore 03:56, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> What's the process for modifying the 'accepted'
> set of values? (I presume that simply wikifying it would be regarded as
> vandalism.)

you can either make a formal proposal or modify the wiki page, pretending you are just adding documentation for an already used tag (given that there are more than 200 of these already in the db). If nobody is contesting the definition you add, the second way is faster ;-), also because now it has been publicly discussed on the tagging ml.
A problem could arise from people having used the access=permit tag differently than what you are defining now, on the other hand they could have already added docu before to avoid it.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process

turns out, there are some mentions of this in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/License
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Relation:permit
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:access#Specific_Permits
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:access#What_should_the_tag_be_for_when_a_permit_is_required_for_access.2Fuse.3F
(and other mentions of access=permit on this talk page)
There are also some user pages mentioning it: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?search=access%3Dpermit&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go

cheers,
Martin