[Tagging] reviving an abandoned proposal

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:48:36 UTC 2016

The mountains around here have seen several waves of unsuccessful
settlement. The soil is just too poor to sustain a substantial human
presence. The scars of old abandoned roads have continued to erode.
I'd use the proposed feature for abandoned tracks like
https://flic.kr/p/oNCZVD where the roadway is worn to bedrock and the
banks on either side are 5m tall or more. I think that fits "hollow
way" - it doesn't fit "cutting" since the lowering of the roadway was
the action of wind, rain and ice.