[Tagging] State parks and state forests: specific tagging question, general mapping philosophy

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Jul 27 09:21:28 UTC 2016

Kevin Kenny wrote:
> How many more years must I wait, then, before they will become visible
> on any of the tile layers on openstreetmap.org?

This is going to sound snarky and it isn't meant as such, but: the number of
years until you send a pull request to openstreetmap-carto. :)

But remember that OSM is an international project and that a solution needs
to work internationally and be comprehensible in the lingua franca of the
project, which is British English. I'm not 100% sure that your definition of
"forest landuse" necessarily accords with that. But, that said, I've not
looked into it in any great depth so may be talking nonsense.

cheers
Richard