[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Extending kneipp_water_cure

JIDB jeromeindenbergen at laposte.net
Thu Jun 9 19:53:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

In April I posted a message here about a proposal to extend the tagging
of Kneipp facilities. Thanks to some comments, I was able to improve the
proposal. I have integrated the changes dirrectly in the existing
proposal:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extending_kneipp_water_cure
(or in German:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Proposed_features/Extending_kneipp_water_cure)
The "request for comments" is still opened. I will wait a little bit to
see if there are more comments for the adapted proposal and then I hope
to be able to start the vote soon.

Kneipp facilities (de) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/de:Kneippanlage>are
popular in german speaking countries. But currently it is only possible
to tag single foot basins (usingamenity
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity>=kneipp_water_cure
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dkneipp_water_cure>).

The existing Tagamenity
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity>=kneipp_water_cure
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dkneipp_water_cure>will
be extended so that it can be used as well for a foot basin as for the
whole site of the facility. It is then possible to use it as:

  * as area for the site of a Kneipp facility.
  * as node for the Kneipp facility (In this case, both a single basin
    or the whole facility are the same).
  * as area for the main basin (old method, not recommended anymore).

New subtags allow to list the different kinds of Kneipp basins at the
facility:

  * kneipp_water_cure:foot
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:kneipp_water_cure:foot&action=edit&redlink=1>=yes/nofor
    foot basins
  * kneipp_water_cure:arm
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:kneipp_water_cure:arm&action=edit&redlink=1>=yes/nofor
    arm basins
  * kneipp_water_cure:face
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:kneipp_water_cure:face&action=edit&redlink=1>=yes/nofor
    face basins
  * ...

Positioning the single basins within the facility can de done using some
tags:

  * kneipp_water_cure
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:kneipp_water_cure&action=edit&redlink=1>=foot
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:kneipp_water_cure%3Dfoot&action=edit&redlink=1>for
    foot basins
  * kneipp_water_cure
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:kneipp_water_cure&action=edit&redlink=1>=arm
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:kneipp_water_cure%3Darm&action=edit&redlink=1>for
    arm basins
  * ...

Other equipments (like benches or bare foot paths) can ba tagged as part
of the Kneipp facility simply by positioning them within the area.

Regards
JIDB