[Tagging] Turn Lane Tagging?

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 23:45:23 UTC 2016

I honestly think Mapbox needs to stop immediately editing ways that they think are invalid.  I've seen several ways that I've work hard on, know are valid, and are being damaged by edits.  The 'NONE' tag in turn lanes is COMPLETELY VALID!!!!

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/rickmastfan67/diary/38833

[http://www.openstreetmap.org/assets/osm_logo_256-835a859acf0d378e1d14e88b15e7b4b95211ccd41a2c061b1629cfbbb8deb697.png]<https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/rickmastfan67/diary/38833>

OpenStreetMap | rickmastfan67's diary | Gotta love people who don't look at the satillte imagery and ajacent ways and think that turn lanes need to be fixed. :/<https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/rickmastfan67/diary/38833>
www.openstreetmap.org
OpenStreetMap is a map of the world, created by people like you and free to use under an open license.

Here's just a few examples where the 'none' tag is COMPLETELY VALID to describe brand new lanes starting.  However, the Mapbox editors are ripping it out and turning the lane info into something completely invalid.

[http://www.openstreetmap.org/assets/osm_logo_256-835a859acf0d378e1d14e88b15e7b4b95211ccd41a2c061b1629cfbbb8deb697.png]<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39935935>

OpenStreetMap | Changeset: 39935935<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39935935>

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39934184 & https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39935935 & https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39937801

[http://www.openstreetmap.org/assets/osm_logo_256-835a859acf0d378e1d14e88b15e7b4b95211ccd41a2c061b1629cfbbb8deb697.png]<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39937801>

OpenStreetMap | Changeset: 39937801<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39937801>
www.openstreetmap.org
OpenStreetMap is a map of the world, created by people like you and free to use under an open license.

Those are just 3 examples of ways I edited that have been damaged by not paying attention to adjacent ways.

[http://www.openstreetmap.org/assets/osm_logo_256-835a859acf0d378e1d14e88b15e7b4b95211ccd41a2c061b1629cfbbb8deb697.png]<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39934184>

OpenStreetMap | Changeset: 39934184<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/39934184>