[Tagging] Turn Lane Tagging?

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Sat Jun 11 01:07:46 UTC 2016

Hey James,

(Disclaimer:  I work for Mapbox, but I am not part of the team that is doing the lane tagging, and can’t speak for them).

I do need to know more about your concern:   Is `none` as part of a multiple turn lane option documented anywhere?

I’m asking because we are adding turn lane tagging to iD this summer [1], so I have been thinking a lot about turn lanes, and I have read through a lot of wiki pages and discussion pages, and this is the first I’ve seen anybody using a tag like `turn:lanes:backward=none;slight_right`.

It’s really important to me that I get this as correct as possible, because I can’t have iD overwriting somebody’s valid lane tagging.  I’d like to be able to show visually what a tag like `none;slight_right` means on the ground.

Thanks, Bryan

[1] https://www.mapbox.com/blog/osm-gsoc-id/ <https://www.mapbox.com/blog/osm-gsoc-id/>