[Tagging] Turn Lane Tagging?

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 02:11:31 UTC 2016

>>> NOO!
>>>
>>> That's what the transit:-tag is for:
>>> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/transit>
>>>

> On 11-06-16 23:22, Colin Smale wrote:
> > I assume "transition" is meant, and not "transit".......
>

> c) nope, the wiki clearly states the "transit" key and that's what the
> Lane and road attributes reacts to. I think transition would've been better
> too.

You mean, the *proposal* on the wiki (that has mainly been edited by one
person, and that has not even been voted on) states that "transit" is the
key. So, in fact now would be a *perfect* time to change the key to
something that 1) makes better sense in vernacular English and 2) won't
have a chance to be confused with transit in the sense of "public transit"
or "mass transit". (note that https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Transit
even redirects to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Public_transport).