[Tagging] Laundromat and parcel box (vending machines)

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Jun 17 10:16:55 UTC 2016

W dniu 17.06.2016 8:00, Martin Koppenhoefer napisał(a):

>> So your pinball example is still invalid, as expected, but laundromat
>> fits this definition IMO.
>
> it doesn't, because nothing is dispensed after payment

OK, now I see you're right.

> parcel sending is something different and is wrongly classified under
> vending machine (probably by other people whose mother tongue isn't
> English).

But parcel receiving also does not include direct payment (at least I
was using just a pass code to open), so this would be a strong point for
"amenity=parcel_box + parcel_pickup=yes + parcel_mail_in=yes" instead of
"amenity=vending_machine + vending=parcel_pickup;parcel_mail_in".

So laundry sending/receiving machine may be tagged for example as
"amenity=parcel_box + laundry=yes/laundry_service=yes" (special case of
parcels) or just "amenity=laundry_box", "amenity=laundry_machine".

I think amenity=photo_booth (which is marked as an exception - instead
of vending=photo) is interesting to look closer. It would make sense if
we define vending as a service for dispensing _standard_ (serial)
consumer goods and photos/parcels/laundry are personal.

BTW: Sorry, Andy, as you see the problem is too general to split the
threads.

--
"Low, low, low..." [M. Kempa]