[Tagging] nursing homes and group homes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 10:17:47 UTC 2016

> No. amenity=social_facility is a success story of structured tagging, and
> nursing_home -> social_facility shows in Mathias Dahl excellent tag
> migration
> analysis [1] as the tag with the highest transition count, thus excellent
> acceptance among mappers.
>
> A nursing home is indeed a social facility, and with the sub-tags of
> social_facility=* and social_facility:for=* you can specify quite
> precisely what type it is and who it is provided for.

for nursing homes it doesn't (yet) seem to be a success story, there are
only (or at least there are) 12 social_facility=nursing_home but 11899
amenity=nursing_home.

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/social_facility#values

I am not against the idea to use social facility tagging for nursing homes,
I just think it should be its own value in "social_facility" and not
mistagged as group home.

social_facility=nursing_home

Cheers,
Martin