[Tagging] JOSM preset with strange tag values

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 5 08:58:18 UTC 2016

...and of course that would require a declaration of A is right and B is
wrong, or at least A is better than B, which will annoy the free-taggers
who are against all standardisation and normalisation as that
potentially limits the creative freedom of mappers who may not even have
been born yet...

If there is true consensus about A being better than B, then the
community as a whole should not have a problem about retagging. Whether
it is manual or automated should make no difference, assuming the result
is the same. We have no way of reaching consensus, only by attrition
where the combatants drop off one by one as they progressively lose the
will to live.