[Tagging] Draft of proposal tag 'sells' for shops..

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 01:01:54 UTC 2016

I have created a draft for the tag 'sells'.

This an attempt to subvert the present creation of other tag/s (by
stealth) that, in my view, can be much better.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Sells

Comments here please.
-----------------------

    Proposal

A tag to indicate what a shop sells with some detail.

    Rationale

Presently people are add uncoordinated sub tags for each type of shop.
The first thing that is being identified are the items sold by the shop.

It would be better to have a sub tag that can be used under any shop
type that uses the same system. It is also beneficial in that a
'general_store' can than use that same system, making searches easier?

The word 'sells' is chosen to reflect the intended use without any
confusion. The word 'sale' implies a single event over a limited time
with reduced priced.

    Examples

sells:motorcycle:yamaha=yes

sells:motorcycle:honda=yes

sells:bread:wholemeal=yes

sells:bread:sourdough=yes

sells:bread:tip_top=yes

sells:cloths:children=yes

This saves individual solution for each type of shop as is presently
being propagated e.g.;

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:clothes

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dtobacco

and there are, as yet, undocumented but placed in JOSM presets, tags for
motorcycles!