[Tagging] Draft of proposal tag 'sells' for shops..

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 07:44:58 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 06.03.2016 um 08:25 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>:
>
> I would prefer to explicitly note that it is supposed to be addition to
> more general tag like shop=*/amenity=*. For example it is not OK to use
> sells:beer instead of amenity=pub.

obviously, not every place selling beer is a pub. Not every place selling ice cream is a ice cream parlour, not every place selling tobacco is a tobacco shop, etc. But the opposite in these cases is likely true (every pub will sell beer, ...), so these cases wouldn't have to be tagged redundantly.
Cheers,
Martin