[Tagging] Draft of proposal tag 'sells' for shops..

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:07:15 UTC 2016

I have made some alteration that should address this?
It might be more clear that it is a property key of something else .. like the height key.

description of items sold by a shop or some amenities.

Proposal:

An indication of what is sold by a shop or some amenities.

Tagging:

To be used as a property key of features that sell items e.g. shops.

etc...

> sent from a phone
>
>> Am 06.03.2016 um 08:25 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>:
>>
>> I would prefer to explicitly note that it is supposed to be addition to
>> more general tag like shop=*/amenity=*. For example it is not OK to use
>> sells:beer instead of amenity=pub.
>
> obviously, not every place selling beer is a pub. Not every place selling ice cream is a ice cream parlour, not every place selling tobacco is a tobacco shop, etc. But the opposite in these cases is likely true (every pub will sell beer, ...), so these cases wouldn't have to be tagged redundantly.
> Cheers,
> Martin

Default values can be assigned to various things .. like pubs ..

default sells:beer=yes

Even some country defaults like

Australian pub .. sells:cold:beer=yes ... present temperature here 27C.. and it is cooling down from around 29C.