[Tagging] Draft of proposal tag 'sells' for shops..

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 05:47:01 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 2:39 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Frankly, with OSM not being a business directory, I don't even think the
> particulars about what a shop sells should be mapped, except perhaps in
> some limited cases

Frederik, please list those cases, as I want to understand what you
see as acceptable for OSM.

Is e.g. brand for shop=car, amenity=fuel, amenity=bank acceptable ?
What for shop=caravan ? or shop=caravan;camper ? They typically sell
multiple brands, which might be different for caravans and campers.
They might even service other brands (of out-of-business manufacturers)

regards