[Tagging] building=yes for multiple building

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Mar 16 15:25:46 UTC 2016

On Wed Mar 16 15:03:25 2016 GMT, Mike Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:47 AM, joost schouppe <joost.schouppe at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is it OK to map multiple buildings as one closed line with the
> > building=yes tag? Or does building=yes imply it is one single building?
> >
> My feeling is that individual buildings should be mapped.

In an ideal world I would agree, but we don't live in one and in some cases such as medieval building layout it can be incredibly difficult to work out what roofline belongs to which building.

I would say its ok, and better than not mapping buildings at all, then you can always improve it after more surveys.

Phil (trigpoint)
--
Sent from my Jolla