[Tagging] building=yes for multiple building

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:40:48 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> In an ideal world I would agree, but we don't live in one and in some
> cases such as medieval building layout it can be incredibly difficult to
> work out what roofline belongs to which building.

Yes, it is often difficult, if not impossible, to tell whether one is
dealing with one or several buildings. We should do our best make the
determination and go with it.

> I would say its ok, and better than not mapping buildings at all, then you
> can always improve it after more surveys.

What I have seen is entire blocks mapped as a building in a rather sloppy
fashion when it obviously contains many buildings as well as areas where
there are no buildings.